Before you throw stones (or beauty wipes) at me for not including your favourite brand, please know that this list came from Ealuxe.com. I’m fairly new here and my blog is really a baby. I love makeup but I don’t pay particular attention to the price really. I have sensitive skin and my very first makeup/skincare products were from VMV and Clinique which my mama bought for me when I wa sin high school.
Being a newbie, I came across great blogs and I religiously follow them, actively reading and commenting on the topics so I eventually got these great nomination/beauty award thing. Reading other bloggers’ responses, I always see the question, “What is the most expensive makeup/perfume that you own?” which made me think.. What are the most expensive makeup brands in the market? I did my research and found Ealuxe’s list:
10. SMASHBOX – The treasure is in the oil that they put in their makeup formulation to keep skin clear. It’s now owned by Estée Lauder.
9. NU SKIN – Its anti-aging antioxidants make this brand one of the most expensive in the world. Nu Skin users attest to the magic it brings to their skin. (direct selling)
8. ORIFLAME – This brand is well known for its quality. Aside from cosmetics, they also market skincare products. (direct selling)
7. ELIZABETH ARDEN – In 1946, Arden was one of the first women to be featured in the front cover of TIME magazine. Arden made a name by opening a spa, giving beauty and skincare advice and delivering quality cosmetics to women.
6. ARTISTRY – They use unusual fruits from Africa and plants from the Mediterranean to produce quality makeup products. The cost is justified by the high performing makeup and skincare that they deliver to the market.
5. ESTEE LAUDER – Glam and glitzy – that’s what Estée Lauder is. It’s the first company to ever have a second line of personal care products that cater for MEN and is the parent company of many famous brands like Smashbox and MAC.
4. MAC COSMETICS – The MAC concept was really designed for professional makeup artists because of its simplicity and wide variety of colours. It became an aspirational brand and today, it’s accessible to makeup enthusiasts like us.
3. L’Oreal – Headquartered in the country of style and glamour (France) with total assets valued at €28.219 billion (end 2013), L’Oreal is undoubtedly one of the most expensive products in the market.
2. MARY KAY – I’ve tried their products and believe me they’re really great! They also spend a lot of money in training their beauty consultants. If you’ve seen them on the job, you’ll know that they’re well trained makeup artists, beauty & skincare consultants, as well as sales agents. (direct selling)
And the most expensive makeup brand is no other than…
~✽~✽~✽ drum roll ✽~✽~✽~
Chanel offers a variety of product lines including bags, clothes, shoes, fashion accessories, and of course, makeup! In terms of product pricing, Chanel tops this list.
Which of these brands do you have? When you buy makeup, which one do you think of first — fame or quality? What other makeup brands do you think should be included in this list considering the price range?