I’m back! I’ve been very busy with all the routine tests and I came back to WordPress with so many messages of love from you ladies! Thank you so much for checking up on how baby and I are doing. Baby’s so active lately and I know that’s a good sign. While saving drafts for future posts, I thought I should do an award post which I received just recently. Thank you my dear FiveZero for nominating me!
Blogger Recognition Award Rules
- Write a post explaining why you started blogging along with a few tips.
- Nominate some of your fellow bloggers.
- Comment on their blogs to let them know you’ve nominated them.
I’m adding another rule
Let’s form a circle of friendship! Please go and check out the page of the blogger who nominated me (see my thank you note above) and the pages of the bloggers I’m nominating (see my list of nominees below).
I don’t want to lie to you. I was bored with my life so I started a blog. I guess we’ve all been tired and bored of our lives at some point and starting a blog was my way of coping with all the life changes. I got pregnant and then I had to stop working and just rest at home. From heavy traveling with my love, I had to go on full stop and do nothing else but rest, eat, and sleep so I could take care of myself and the growing baby inside me. Did I get sad that I had to stop? Yes. Am I sad now? I’m very, very happy. There’s nothing more beautiful than knowing that I’m going to be a mom soon! Am I going to stop blogging once the baby arrives? How could I stop after building friendships with the most wonderful and interesting people in the world? 🙂
general Blogging Tips
- Chill. Do not force yourself to write when you just can’t. Blogging is supposed to be fun so make it fun! You can’t write when you’re tired so do it on your spare time. Do it happily. 🙂
- Jot down topics and save a draft. There are days when our creative juices are overflowing and there are days when El Niño’s plaguing our brain cells. Having a list of the topics you want to blog about helps make sure you have a steady stream of entries.
- Take photos! Are you a visual person like me? Take lots of photos and just save them on your phone! It’s easier to think of topics when you have so much to write about. Show the world how beautiful your life is through your blog.
- Interact with other bloggers. Although writing a blog could be some sort of writing on an online diary (which you intend to keep for your future reference), it’s fun to meet new people who have the same interests as you! Follow/bookmark blogs you love reading and interact with other bloggers.
some technical BLOGGING TIPS
- Take advantage of the features of your blog’s theme. Does your blog allow you to create a static home page that features all of your categories? Does it allow you to place a large banner that attractively showcases your photos? Does it come with a free gallery lightbox? Hey, if they’re free, use them! If you’re unsure of what to do, ask someone who can help you tweak your blog or design a banner for you. 🙂 You can ask me if you like. 🙂
- Resize your images. I’m OC and I like everything of the same size so I always crop my photos in squares. I’m not saying this is how you should do it but if you’re OC like me, you’ll love the look!
- Link, link, link! When you’re commenting on other blogs, remember to leave your link so that other like minded readers who aren’t following you yet can always click on that link and check you out.Here’s an easy html code sample that you can edit and paste after your comment:
- Prettify You
- Random Bytes from Life
- Lily and her Toes
- Karina Noa
- Phila Vegetarian
- Infinite Hipster Blogger
- Glam Necessities
- AYR Galaxy
- Coffee with Zoe
- Wake up to Make up with Kayla
- Katina Bobina
- BFF Garota
- Travel Placebo
- Nothing but Ayvan
- lipstick and lashes chronicles
- Bea Cassidy
- Chronic Pain Cockney
- Macelina 22